Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Self Portrait #1

Many great artists of the centuries have created self portraits in their respective mediums. Self portraiture has many benefits. It can be a learning path to better your artist skills, in photography it can teach you how to direct people better in photographs, it can be therapeutic, and the list goes on.

Personally, I find photographing myself the hardest out of all of my portraiture work. Maybe it's because I'm the most critical about myself, maybe it's because it can be difficult with back button focusing, who knows? But to try and further myself as an artist I have decided to start taking more self portraits. I will make sure to post them here. Hopefully I will be able to show the many different sides of my personality and that way you all can get to know me better :)

Here is the first of many to come!

2 comments:

  1. Cuuuute. I think I find it a little therapeutic actually, which is odd since I can be self critical too. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love it! :) It's nice to see YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete