Monday, March 15, 2010

Inspiration - Week 12 & 13

Wow. This past week has definitely had it's up an downs. There hasn't really been one thing in particular that has inspired me these 2 weeks so I decided to pick a general topic and a few people that have helped me with it.

In the summer I think I had mentioned at some point that I had attended a hot yoga class at Moksha Yoga in Halifax. Well every 2nd Sunday since Christmas my sister and I have been going to the evening hot yoga class at the Breathing Space yoga here in Bedford.

Before I go much further I thought maybe I would give you a brief description of my physical history. I have always been active. Start with gymnastics for a few weeks. Then I played competitive soccer year round for 11 years. My schedule got to busy to commit to soccer anymore so I became a gym freak. And as I have posted about last summer, I was into distance running for a while there. But none of this can compare to the past 3 months of yoga I have done.

I have never been a spiritual person but yoga has opened that door for me. I concentrate so hard in class that I can't actually think about anything else. In a way it is like meditation. I have become so much more in tune with my body and have a MUCH greater appreciation for it now. I am hoping that with some changes in the next few months I will be able to start going every Sunday. It has added so much to my life and I really wanted to thank a few people for helping me with this part of my journey.

To start I have to thank the lovely and inspiring Michelle Hicks. She is the owner of the Bedford branch of Breathing Space and she is the only instructor I have taken classes from. And I will only ever go to her. She has such a beautiful sole and brings so much to every class. No two are alike. I am always excited for each class because I know I will learn something new. If you are in the HRM area definitely take one of her classes and you will see what I am talking about.

The second person I want to thank is Kathryn Budig. Lately I have been spending a lot of time on Youtube. I found her channel a few weeks ago and have been glued to it ever since. Kathryn is a phenomenal yogi. She makes advanced poses look so easy.

And last but not least, Dashama. I actually stumbled onto her Youtube channel today and I have watched a ton of her videos since. She is a really great yogi and I can't wait to hit the mat in the morning and try out some of her routines.

If any of this interests you at all please watch the two videos below. The first one is of Kathryn and the second is Dashama.





Namaste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment