Friday, February 12, 2010

Ellie | Portraits

Our niece Ellie is the youngest baby I have ever held. She was 6 days old when I first met her and the sweetest thing ever. I have known for years that I want to have children. In the past year or so I have started to get baby fever and have really wanted to have children soon.

When we first started taking pictures Ellie was not too happy with us. She wouldn't stop crying unless she was being held. Jackie would calm her down and then we would try again. After a half hour or so of back and forth Ellie was just so tired she fell asleep and was perfect for the photos. After all of the hard work we were all pretty hungry so I held her while she was sleeping and everyone was making some food. It just felt so right. I didn't want to let go of her. I asked Matt if his sister would notice if we took her home with us ;) Kidding obviously! The longer I held her the more comfortable I was with holding her and by the time we left it felt like second nature. I can't wait to photograph her again and again as she grows up. Jackie's house was so full of love afternoon and I hope in the next few years my home will be just as full of love with a new little addition to our family.

Here are the photos :)


What a cute uncle. At first he was so timid because she is SO tiny.





Literally inbetween sobs. The photo before and after she was crying. SO cute :)



She is the spitting image of Matt's family. They all had the same eyes when they were little.

















This one is definitely my favorite from the whole day. I love the negative space above her. I think I might have to get this one printed really big for the family.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, adorable!! I love the little feet shots, with the wedding rings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that's it... you guys so need to have a baby.. we need a baby in the family.. hurray up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all beautiful, but I think the last one is my favourite, too.

    ReplyDelete