Friday, December 18, 2009

Inspiration - Week 2

Last week I posted about something that inspires me – painting. I decided this week I would post about someone that has inspired me. This special someone is Me Ra Koh. She is a professional photographer in the US and has put together the Soar! Scholarship. She has partnered with companies like Sony, Adobe, SmugMug, ShowIt, Pixel2Canvas and ShootQ to reward three lucky women that need the resources to start their photography business and set it on the track to success. I originally thought about enrolling but now I’m not so sure. On the website you can actually watch some of the video entries (2min video is required to enter) and I can’t help but think that so many of those women deserve it more than I do. I am lucky enough to have a full time job that keeps food in our stomachs and a roof over our heads. I also have an amazing support system (Matt, family and friends) to help me reach my goal.

Needless to say, Me Ra Koh has been my inspiration this week. She has inspired me to help others with their photography and to inspire them. It is people like her that really light up this world and make it a better place to live. I can’t wait to see who she chooses to get the scholarships and to watch their progress next year. They will go to conferences and have one on one sessions with business people and photography people. They will get decked out in Sony gear and Adobe software. SmugMug is hooking them up with websites and blogs. It will be so much fun to learn more about the photography industry through their opportunities.

Here’s to Soar!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you tons of luck in being picked! :) I found out about it too late, and can't throw a video together... :) It sounds like a FANTASTIC opportunity though.

    ReplyDelete