Sunday, July 12, 2009

Paul McCartney Concert

Last night Matt and I got the chance to go see one of the most amazing musicians of our time in concert. Paul McCartney was absolutely mind blowing. He is 67 and had sooooo much energy on stage, sang like there was no tomorrow and was phenomenal to watch. It was the first concert I have ever been to and I don't think I will ever experience such an inspiring event again. I can't stop saying good things about his concert. He did 3 encores, brought out a Celtic band and had fireworks go off during one of his songs. He played one of my all time favorite songs, Black Bird, and I cried. Yes internet, I cried like one of those crazy fans. Hahaha. One girl had a sign that asked if he would sign her arm so that she could get it tattooed on her. And he did!!! He messed up during one of his songs because the sign distracted him so much and then he brought her up on stage and signed her arm!! I think there was roughly 50,000 people there (according to the paper this morning) and when everyone was singing the same song it was actually moving. Wow is pretty much all I can say at this point without repeating myself. Hahaha.


Here are some photos and videos from our night. I would have uploaded them last night as I got home as my 4th post of the week but we were just too tired and uploading takes a really long time I've found out. Enjoy!



















































Matthew's Introduction of the Paul McCartney Concert from Christine Newhook on Vimeo.



Let Me Roll It - Paul McCartney from Christine Newhook on Vimeo.



Let Me Roll It - Paul McCartney from Christine Newhook on Vimeo.



The Long and Winding Road - Paul McCartney from Christine Newhook on Vimeo.



Black Bird - Paul McCartney from Christine Newhook on Vimeo.



Band on the Run - Paul McCartney from Christine Newhook on Vimeo.





Fireworks from Christine Newhook on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment